REDUCE, REUSE AND RECYCLE
Our fully operational recycling facility welcomes local authorities, skip-hire companies, man-in-van operators, and other waste management companies. At our extensive site, we recycle all kinds of waste, including metals, wood, plasterboard and aggregates (full list below) Waltet recycles about 98% of the waste that comes into our recycling centre.
All waste is segregated at our waste transfer station on the site. Construction waste can be screened through our state-of-the-art wash plant to make recycled aggregates. Any wood, cardboard or metal is sometimes donated to local communities.
We have a single goal in mind: REDUCE, REUSE and RECYCLE.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Have your waste carrier license (WCL) at the ready
- Full PPE; Hard Hat, Hi-Vis and Safety Boots
We accept the following waste at our disposal points:
- Mixed Waste (EWC Code 20 03 01)
- Inert Spoil (EWC Code 17 05 04)
- Hardcore (EWC Code 17 01 02)
- Wood (EWC Code 17 02 01)
- Plasterboard (EWC Code 17 08 02)
- UPVC (EWC Code 17 02 03)
- Cardboard (EWC Code 20 01 01)
NOT ACCEPTED WASTE
We do not accept the following waste at our disposal points:
- Liquid waste
- Hazardous waste
- Fine powders
Additional charges apply for Fridges, Mattresses, and wastes containing POPS and tyres.
POPS are persistent organic pollutants and include the foam in chairs, sofas, and other insulating foam.
AT OUR RECYCLING CENTRE
- Wear full PPE.
- Drive on to the weighbridge. We charge by weight (tonne) with a 1-tonne minimum.
- Payment at the counter. You can pay by cash, all major credit/debit cards, or open a credit account with us (preferable).
PRICES PER TONNE
|Waste Types||EWC Code||Price Per Tonne||Minimum|
|Mixed waste Recyclable||20 03 01||£135||1 Tonne|
|Mixed waste Landfill||20 03 01||£195||1 Tonne|
|Inert Spoil (NO CLAY)||17 05 04||£ 75||1 Tonne|
|Hardcore||17 01 02||£20||1 Tonne|
|Mixed Wood||17 02 01||£125||1 Tonne|
|Plasterboard||17 08 02||£150||1 Tonne|
|UPVC||17 02 03||£40||1 Tonne|
|Cardboard||20 01 01||£50||1 Tonne|