Benefits for Construction
The production of waste on a construction site is unavoidable. Construction waste increases the burden on landfill sites which are becoming increasingly scarce.
It is impossible for a construction site to operate without producing any waste but it is possible to limit the amount that ends up in landfill. It is a legal requirement to properly manage waste and confirm that it’s following the waste management hierarchy. This is crucial in order to help the UK minimise its environmental impact and reduce the demands placed on our landfills. All companies are legally required to follow the waste management hierarchy REDUCE, REUSE and RECYCLE before disposal.
The benefits of proper construction waste management include:
- Reduced costs. Proper construction waste management reduces costs in multiple ways. You’ll reduce spending by reusing materials and you’ll prevent double costs, which refers to paying for a material that goes to waste and then paying again to have it removed.
- Corporate social responsibility. Managing your waste will help you limit how much you generate and dispose of, as well as ensure it’s properly processed once removed from your site. This will help to conserve our planet’s natural resources and minimise the energy required to transport and reprocess waste.
- Improved reputation. Businesses that demonstrate they’re doing their part for the environment will develop a positive reputation, which improves their relationships with customers and clients. It can even help you gain opportunities with government-funded projects, which often require certain standards of waste management.
- Improved company-wide awareness. When workers adopt safe, sustainable waste management practices at work, they may then feel compelled to apply these practices to other aspects of their work and their personal life.
- BREEAM. Recycled aggregates help towards your sites certification. BREEAM has become part of the construction culture
News & events
Expanding our Fleet
We are expanding our fleet. Another new skip tuck , branded and ready to go....
Waltet Invests in New Wash Plant- Coming Soon 2021
With a philosophy of continual investment in the latest machinery, the company have made recent...
Don’t fall foul of the law – make sure you use a legitimate disposal company
Householders who fail to check if a waste disposal company is legitimate before having their...
Expanding Our Fleet
We are expanding our fleet with two new tipper lorries and a skip truck. All...
Waltet achieves a breath-taking 25% performance increase in recycling building materials
Continuous improvement is Waltet’s mantra as it seeks to improve recycling rates, and lower costs...
Waltet is awarded road safety accreditation by FORS, a leading European Grab & Tipper Hire safety organisation, for yet another year.
The Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) is a voluntary accreditation scheme that promotes best practice...